This site is dedicated to letting you know more about Jen Stirrup, who is slated as a candidate for the Board of Directors for the Professional Association of SQL Server.
So who is Jen?
Jen is a database strategist, small business owner, SQLFamily and community advocate, public speaker and blogger. Jen is passionate about all things data and business intelligence, helping leaders derive value from their Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint and Office365 investments.
Since 1997, Jen has worked in Artificial Intelligence and Business Intelligence consultancy, architecting, delivering and supporting complex enterprise solutions for customers all over the world. Jen is particularly enthusiastic about focusing on the use of data and obtaining value from it, whilst also ensuring that the integrity of the data is maintained. Jen is often the ‘voice’ of the business users of the organisation, and helps to drive strategy by ensuring that all voices are heard as part of the enterprise solution.
Jen currently serves the SQL Server community in a variety of ways:
- Jen is a Microsoft SQL Server ‘Most Valuable Professional‘ and has been awarded three years running. She is one of only a handful of MVPs in SQL Server in the UK.
- Jen was fortunate to win the SQLPass PASSion Award at Summit 2012, and is very happy to have been recognised although she did not do the work for the recognition, believing that being an active part of the SQLFamily is reward itself.
- She runs HUGGS, a PASS Chapter and a SQL Server User Group in Hertfordshire
- She has organised the first SQLSaturday in Scotland, held in Edinburgh. She is also in negotiations to hold another one, so watch this space!
- She helps organise Women in Technology events for SQLPass in Europe, and Diversity in Technology events at SQLBits.
- She is a key organiser of SQLRelay in the UK, hosting her own event in Hertfordshire as well as helping the team with Sponsorship.
- Jen is an active blogger, who writes at http://www.jenstirrup.com. She is also a well-known social media influencer, who has been named twice as one of the top 100 ‘Big Data’ influencers by peer-rated systems.
- Jen is a well-known presenter in the UK, Europe and the United States. Jen has presented at TechEd North America, TechEd Europe, SQLPass and SQLBIts, along with SQLSaturday events throughout Europe.
- She is currently writing a book on data visualisation, and has participated in other book efforts such as being a key Technical Reviewer for MVP Deep Dives Volume 2 along with other works for a UK based publisher.
To summarise, Jen is extremely involved in the SQL Server community, and believes that she would make an effective contribution by becoming a part of the Board of Directors.
Thank you for reading!